Position: 2 x Senior Environmental Assessment Practitioner
Company: Sharples Environmental Services cc (SES)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Western Cape - 1 x George; 1 x Cape Town
SES is looking for two Senior Environmental Assessment Practitioners i.e. 1 for the George branch and 1 for the Cape Town branch. The successful candidate for both posts will be required to perform various tasks associated with the efficient management of EIA projects: Responsibilities will include:
- General management & review of EIA projects;
- Scoping and EIR / Basic Assessment and other environmental related projects;
- Project Administration;
- Public participation and consultation;
- Environmental Management; and
- Environmental monitoring.
In addition to the above the Cape Town position includes being the office manager where you will be required to demonstrate abilities to efficiently run and grow the Cape Town office.
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
- A recognised Degree in Environmental Management or related field and at least 5+ years practical experience in a responsible position (consultancy based).
- Above average communication skills in both Afrikaans and English.
- Well organised – able to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate;
- The ability to work independently and in a team, as required.
- Code 8 drivers’ licence (with own vehicle) and willingness to undertake project related travel.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office suite of programmes is essential.
- Background in any of the following fields would be advantageous: mining applications, Heritage Impact Assessments, GIS and freshwater assessments.
Market related according to experience
Contact Person: John Sharples
Contact Phone: 044 873 4923
Contact Fax: 044 874 5953
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Company Website: www.sescc.net
Advert End Date: 25 January 2018
Applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae must be submitted before or on 25 January 2018. If you do not receive any feedback by 1 February 2018, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. The successful candidate will need to start work as soon as possible. Please indicate which position is being applied for.