Position: Environmental Control Officer/Environmental Scientist
Company: Environmental Impact Management Services (Pty) Ltd (EIMS)
Job Type: Contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Environmental Scientist to join Environmental Impact Management Services’ (EIMS) growing team of environmental professionals. The EIMS team has an established and increasing workload, high standards, and excellent reputation.
The vacancy is for an environmental control officer for the construction of a bulk water pipeline.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring, auditing, and executing all tasks required to comply with all the project environmental and social requirements, objectives and targets.
- Aiding the Contractor to comply with all the project environmental and social requirements, objectives and targets.
- Facilitating environmental and social activities and the environmental awareness training of all personnel on site.
- Implementing an internal environmental and social management system.
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
Specific Minimum Requirements:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in environmental management or environmental sciences
- Knowledge of the current South African environmental legislation.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills, working knowledge of MS Office suite of programs and written and verbal capability in English.
- A valid Code 8 Drivers licence
- 0-2 years relevant experience.
- SACNASP Registered.
- Formal training and experience in ISO 14001.
- Written and verbal capability of additional language/s.
Highly competitive Market related salary
Contact Person: Liam Whitlow
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website: www.eims.co.za
Advert End Date: 16 February 2018