Position: Senior Environmental Control Officer/Environmental Scientist
Company: Environmental Impact Management Services (Pty) Ltd (EIMS)
Job Type: Contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Senior Environmental Scientist to join Environmental Impact Management Services’ (EIMS) growing team of environmental professionals. The EIMS team has an established and increasing workload, high standards, and excellent reputation.
The vacancy is for a Senior Environmental Control Officer for the construction of a bulk water pipeline.
Responsibilities will include:
- Aiding the Contractor to comply with all the project environmental requirements, objectives and targets.
- Facilitating environmental activities and the environmental awareness training of all personnel on site.
- Implementing an internal environmental management system.
- To manage and nurture client relationships.
- Manage and mentor EIMS team members on the project.
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
Specific Minimum Requirements:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in environmental management or environmental sciences.
- Extensive knowledge of the current South African environmental legislation.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills, working knowledge of MS Office suite of programs and written and verbal capability in English.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- A valid Code 8 Drivers licence
- SACNASP Registered.
- Significant experience in environmental monitoring and management for large scale linear projects.
- Formal training and experience in ISO 14001.
- Written and verbal capability of additional language/s.
Highly competitive Market related salary
Contact Person: Liam Whitlow
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website: www.eims.co.za
Advert End Date: 16 February 2018