Position: Senior Social Officer
Company: Environmental Impact Management Services (Pty) Ltd (EIMS)
Job Type: Contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Social Officer to join Environmental Impact Management Services’ (EIMS) growing team of environmental professionals. The EIMS team has an established and increasing workload, high standards, and excellent reputation.
The vacancy is for a Senior Social Officer for the construction of a bulk water pipeline.
Responsibilities will include:
- Aiding the Contractor with liaison with landowners and other interested and affected parties.
- Facilitating the resolution of potential and actual challenges experienced during construction where these relate to landowners and their special requirements.
- Aiding the Contractor in keeping accurate records pertaining to issues, complaints and the associated corrective actions.
- To manage and nurture client relationships.
- Manage and mentor EIMS team members on the project.
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
Specific Minimum Requirements:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in environmental / social sciences.
- Extensive knowledge of the current South African environmental legislation.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills, working knowledge of MS Office suite of programs and written and verbal capability in English and one of the following languages Sepedi, TshTsonga, TshiVenda.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- A valid Code 8 Drivers licence
- Significant experience in environmental monitoring and management for large scale linear projects.
- Written and verbal capability of additional language/s.
Highly competitive Market related salary
Contact Person: Liam Whitlow
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website: www.eims.co.za
Advert End Date: 16 February 2018