Position: Groundwater Modeller/Hydrogeologist
Company: SRK Consulting (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Western Cape, Rondebosch
SRK is looking for a Groundwater Numerical Modeller / Hydrogeologist has become available in our Cape Town office. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy. The candidate will provide support to the Principal Groundwater Numerical Modeller / Hydrogeologist and report to the Discipline Leader in Hydrogeology.
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
The candidate must satisfy the following requirements:
- Professional Registration (Pr.Sci.Nat) or registered as a Candidate Scientist.
- Minimum BSc (Hons) Hydrogeology, BSc Degree to include Geology as a major subject and have a good working knowledge of South African Geology (a Chemistry or Mathematics major would be an added advantage).
- Two to four years working experience in groundwater numerical modelling.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following.
- Understanding / experience with conceptual hydrogeological models.
- Understanding / experience with groundwater numerical flow and contaminant transport models (MODFLOW, MT3D, FeFLOW, MIKE SHE, etc.).
- Writing concise technical reports.
- Design and construction of production boreholes and monitoring wells in varied geological environments.
- Data analysis and interpretation of hydrogeochemical data.
- Planning and execution of hydraulic tests and interpretation of data.
- Planning geophysical surveys and interpretation of data (magnetics, electromagnetics, resistivity, gravity etc.).
- Providing specialist input into Environmental Impact Assessments and Water Use License’s.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
Reporting to the Discipline Leader, the appointed person will be expected (but not restricted) to:
- Manage projects, including client liaison, budgets, invoicing in accordance with SRK’s quality system.
- Compile technical reports, proposals, letters etc.
- Work independently as well as on project teams, as and when required.
- Work across group disciplines, SRK branches as well as local / international travel and work, as and when required.
- Work outside of normal working hours when required.
Market related according ot experience
Contact Person: Lucy Dhroney
Contact Phone: 011 441 1111
Contact Fax: 086 555 0841
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Company Website: http://www.srk.co.za/en
Advert End Date: 28 February 2018
Applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae must be submitted before or on 28 February 2018. If you do not receive any feedback by 09 March 2018, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. The successful candidate will need to start work as soon as possible. Please indicate which position is being applied for.