Position: Project Manager
Company: Digby Wells Environmental
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Gauteng, Johannesburg, Bryanston
Closing Date: 28 February 2018
Digby Wells Environmental, a service provider to the resources industry, is looking for a candidate for the above position in our Johannesburg Office.
The successful candidate will be required to effectively project manage multi-disciplinary projects to international standards.
- Effectively project manage and or project administrate the environmental legislative processes applicable to the relevant country.
- Maintain an awareness of country applicable legislation and the potential impact to the various projects.
- Effectively project manage and administrate the following:
- Basic Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) according to the new EIA legislation (2014);
- Waste Permitting;
- Water Use Licence applications; and
- Mining Applications.
- Working in close collaboration with specialists from other disciplines.
- Liaising with clients and authorities.
- Compile and write reports for submission to the client and necessary authorities.
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
- Understanding of applicable environmental and social legislation.
- Understanding and practical experience with environmental authorisation processes.
- Superior EIA and EMP report writing.
- Proven experience in Project Managing environmental and social processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills (build rapport etc.).
- Excellent communication skills (Both verbal and written).
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Superior organisation skills.
- Willing to travel locally and internationally, including Africa .
- Valid Driver’s License.
Qualifications: Post graduate degree in Environmental Management
Experience: Five or more years in a similar role specifically within the resources/infrastructure industry.
Contact Person: Sophy Kabini
Contact Phone: +27 11 789 9495
Contact Fax: +27 11 789 9498
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website: www.digbywells.com
Advert End Date: 28 February 2018