Position: Junior Environmental Assessment Practitioner
Company: Holland & Associates Environmental Consultants
Job Type: Contract
Location: Cape Town (Kirstenhof)
Closing Date: 18 May 2018
Holland & Associates Environmental Consultants is looking for a young dynamic Environmental Assessment Practitioner to join their growing team. The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include assistance with environmental authorisation processes (including Basic Assessment and Scoping & Environmental Impact Assessment processes), report writing, environmental compliance monitoring (ECO work), public and authority consultation, as well as project administration.
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
- Post graduate degree in Environmental Management
- Thorough understanding of environmental legislation and experience with environmental authorisation processes;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills (English). (Proficiency in Afrikaans, in addition to English, is advantageous);
- Excellent organisation skills with meticulous record keeping ability;
- The ability to prioritise and work well under pressure, eager to learn and take on new challenges;
- Working in close collaboration with specialists from other disciplines;
- Liaising with clients, members of the public, as well as authorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work well in a team environment, as well as the ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Computer literacy;
- Strong values – ethics and integrity;
- Applicants must be willing to travel, and have a driver’s license and own vehicle for travelling; and
- Registration with EAPASA or SACNASP will be advantageous.
- Candidates with 0 -3 years relevant consultancy experience will be considered.
Applicants are requested to submit (via email) a detailed CV and one page motivation of why they would like to take up this opportunity with Holland & Associates Environmental Consultants, to Ross Holland at email@example.com. Copies of ID, qualifications (i.e. academic transcript), contactable references (at least two) and drivers’ license must be included in the CV. The closing date for applications is 18 May 2018.
Salary Range:: Market related based on experience
Contact Person: Ross Holland
Contact Phone: +2772 6010803
Contact Fax: N/A
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website: www.hollandandassociates.net
Advert End Date: 18 May 2018