Position: Environmental Assessment Practitioner
Company: I-CAT is a leading Environmental Solutions Company supplying products and services to assist companies in Environmental Management. I-CAT’s primary focus is in the mining and industrial business sectors. We value each individual contact and business relationship as a source of insight and information, empowering us to respond diligently to the needs of our clients. Our Business Culture is built around our clients and the markets we work in. We firmly believe that success in our industry comes through true long-term commitment to our clients to solve environmental problems and challenges. Our MISSION is to become the market leaders in any services related to the environment and to be the port-o-call for any such services to our clients. Our VISION is to develop a company where honesty, integrity, trust and diligence are of the highest importance and where our suppliers, employees and especially our clients are proud to be associated with us.
Job Type: Permanent – Employment Equity Position
Location: Pretoria (Main office)
The successful candidate must be able to travel to our other offices (SA and abroad) as required from time to time
Closing Date: 20 July 2018
- Effective Project Management and responsibility of a broad range of environmental consulting deliverables of various sizes and complexity (including EIA’s, EMPr Development, WULA, AEL Applications, WML Applications and Environmental Compliance Auditing, Monitoring and reporting).
- Technical reporting and reviewing;
- Manage specialist within a project team;
- Technical Proposal and RFQ compilation;
- Training and mentorship to junior consultants within the team;
- The successful candidate will also be expected to manage and maintain client relationships and assist in the identification and development of business opportunities and marketing strategies.
- Liaison with Competent Authorities
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
- MSc/BSc Honours in Environmental Science / Natural Science
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in conducting Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Audits, Water Use License Applications and Environmental Monitoring across mining, industrial and commercial industries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as the ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Strong scientific analytical abilities and problem-solving skills;
- Project management and administrative skills are essential attributes;
- Ability to continuously develop professional knowledgebase;
- Manage various projects within budget and time;
- Must be able to prioritise workload effectively;
- Membership/ accreditation with a relevant professional institutions (e.g. IAIA, ELA, Pri.Sci.Nat, SAATCA; SACNASP) would be advantageous;
- Valid South African Code B drivers license
Salary Range:: Market related
Contact Person: Leon Janse van Rensburg
Contact Phone: +27 (0)86 112 4228
Contact Fax: +27 (0)86 552 3872
Contact e-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website: http://environmental.i-cat.co.za/
Advert End Date: 20 July 2018