Position: Junior Ecologist (Fauna and Flora Specialist)
Company: Scientific Terrestrial Services CC
Job Type: Permanent
Location: 29 Arterial Road West, Oriel, Bedfordview, Johannesburg
Closing Date: 28 September 2018
The SAS Environmental Group of Companies (SEGC), of which Scientific Terrestrial Services CC forms part, is founded on providing outstanding service, going beyond meeting requirements, incorporating practical experience and sound academic knowledge into projects. Consultants have undertaken over 2000 projects since inception in 2003.
The company wishes to appoint a junior ecologist with good knowledge and experience in ecology. The successful candidate is required to conduct faunal assessments (with specific mention of avifauna and/or entomology) and basic floral assessments, Red Data species assessments, exotic and invasive faunal and floral assessments, data analyses and preparation and presentation of field data gathered and reporting according to Project Manager Specifications and Requirements provided in project brief, client or internal workshop outcomes.
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
- Degree / diploma in Environmental Management / Science or Ecology;
- 1 years’ working experience within a similar industry;
- Working knowledge of relevant environmental policies, legislation, guidelines and standards would be preferable;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Good understanding of general ecology;
- The ability to prioritise and work well under pressure;
- Working in close collaboration with specialists from other disciplines;
- Liaising with clients, members of the public, as well as authorities;
- Have the ability to work well in a team environment, as well as the ability to work independently;
- Applicants must be willing to travel, and have a Code B driver’s licence; and
- Have the ability to source new work.
- Qualifications and experience in specialist field work, data recording and GIS (ArcGIS, QGIS, Global Mapper, BGIS, and Garmin GPS); and
- Registration with SACNASP (or in process).
Salary Range: To be negotiated but market and experience related
Contact Person: Nelanie Cloete / Chris Hooton
Contact Phone: 011 616 7893
Contact Fax: 086 724 3132
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advert End Date: 28 September 2018