Position: Environmental Consultant
Company: Sharples Environmental Services cc (SES)
Job Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 30 November 2018
SES is looking for an Environmental Assessment Practitioner to perform various tasks associated with the efficient management of EIA projects. Responsibilities of the successful candidate will be focused around project management and administration for various types of development proposals. This includes liaising with multi-disciplinary specialist teams and external consultants (sub-contractors, specialists etc.) and service providers, to ensure that project outputs are delivered on time, and according to project requirements. Please send your Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to email@example.com. The candidate must, as a minimum, fulfil the essential requirements detailed below.
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
- A degree in Environmental Management or the Natural Sciences with at least 2+ years consulting experience in an environmental management position;
- Conducted Environmental Impact Assessments (Basic Assessment & Full Scoping / EIA), including the Public Participation Process, and Environmental Management Plans;
- Good working knowledge of all relevant environmental policies, legislation, guidelines and standards (including the NEMA and its amendments, Water Act, MPRDA, CARA, NEMBA and Waste Act);
- Excellent English writing and communication skills with the ability to compile high quality, well-structured reports;
- Well organised – able to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate;
- A drivers’ licence and willingness to undertake project related travel;
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office suite of programmes.
- Preferably have completed a post graduate qualification;
- Experience with the Water Use License process (National Water Act);
- A background in water resource management or aquatic science;
- Proficiency in basic mapping using GIS software;
- The ability to work in a team and independently, as required;
- Ability to solve problems, interpret and analyse reports and data and to take initiative.
- Good understanding of construction related environmental impacts and mitigation measures (experience in major construction projects will be advantageous)
- Familiar with the Western Cape and acquainted with the George area specifically.
Only candidates that fulfil these requirements will be considered. Please send your Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Contact Person: Mr John Sharples
Contact Phone: +27 44 873 4923
Contact Fax: +27 44 874 5953
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Advert End Date: 30 November 2018