Position: Environmental Consultant
Company: SLR Consulting (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town
Closing Date: 18 November 2018
Provide assistance with the management and implementation of projects. Assist with environmental impact assessment processes and reporting, public and stakeholder participation, authority consultation and project administration. Should have the ability to network with clients, problem solve where appropriate, work as part of a team and independently.
- Assist project managers to manage projects and components of projects.
- Involvement in public, stakeholder and authorities participation processes.
- Develop and sustain client and stakeholder relationships.
- Manage and provide support on projects across various sectors within Africa and South Africa.
- Provide assistance on small and large complex projects.
- Develop an understanding of multi-disciplinary issues of large complex projects in many disciplines and sectors.
- Conduct ECO work.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals.
- Write reports with guidance.
- Provide admin support to project managers.
- Must be able to work to deadlines within set budgets.
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
- Relevant Honours or Master’s degree in Environmental Science or a related field.
- 1 - 3 years’ work experience in the environmental field.
- Sound knowledge of environmental legislation and the EIA process is essential.
- Must be bilingual.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle essential.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- A mature attitude with a passion for environmental management will need to be demonstrated.
Interested candidates can submit a detailed CV, together with a copy of ID, qualification, certificates, academic transcript and drivers’ license to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have already applied for this vacancy on our website, please DO NOT apply again.
If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
Salary Range: Market related
Contact Person: Monita Vosloo, Kgomotso Mogoshane
Contact Phone: 011 467 0945
Contact Fax: N/A
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Advert End Date: 18 November 2018