Position: Soil Scientist
Company: Digby Wells Environmental
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Bryanston, Gauteng
Closing Date: 30 April 2019
Digby Wells Environmental, a service provider to the resources industry, is looking for a Soil Scientist.
The successful candidate will be required to monitor the environmental and social effects on soil productivity. Data recommendations and plans are the provided to our clients.
Qualifications, experience and requirements:
- Carry out field work which includes collecting soil samples from different environments with the use of an auger.
- Conduct Soil, Land Capability and Land Use Assessments.
- Agricultural Feasibility Studies.
- Conduct Land Contamination Assessments.
- Responsible for compiling reports.
- Conducting soil surveys; including identification of different soil forms using South African and; Food and Agriculture Organisation Soil Classification Systems.
- Interpreting results of samples from laboratory and make fertilizer recommendations.
- Writing detailed scientific reports as part of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) or Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) or as a standalone project.
- Providing input and advice into land management solutions, capabilities and limitations.
- Topsoil volumes, soil monitoring and management for rehabilitation.
- BSc in Soil Science, Honours would be preferred.
- Code B Driver’s license is required, and own transport will be advantageous.
- The candidate must have a valid passport and be willing to travel locally and internationally where needed as part of field work programmes.
- Personality requirements include being able to handle pressure and meet deadlines, exceptional quality of work, logic and scientific thinking, accuracy and good error detection, professionalism, enthusiasm to learn, and develop in a dynamic environment is vital.
- Good verbal skills (In addition to written).
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Preferably experience within a consultancy environment.
Salary Range: Market related
Contact Person: Kirsten Strauss
Contact Phone: +27 11 789 9495
Contact Fax: +27 11 789 9498
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advert End Date: 31 April 2019