IAIAsa Gauteng will hold their next Branch Event "The Integration of Climate Change Asessments in EIA's"
Climate change is one of the key challenges facing sustainable development. With this in mind, the following questions need to be answered:
- Is enough being done to address the impacts of climate change in current and the future plans?
- What project criteria should EAPs identify that would trigger a climate change impact assessment?
- What is the process within DEA for review of projects that are likely to have climate change impacts?
- How does DEA identify projects that may impact climate change?
- What mitigation and adaptation measures need to be considered in EIAs? What is the difference between climate mitigation and adaptation?
- How are EAPs currently doing climate change assessments? What challenges are there? Any lesson learned from this?
presented by Guest Speakers
- Mr Tlou Ramaru (DEA Chief Directorate - Climate Change Adaptation)
- Ms Mapula Tshangela (DEA Director - Climate Change Mitigation)
- Ms Karien Erasmus (Principal Climate Change Advisor: Promethium Carbon)
on 15 May 2019
at Sunset Boma, 79 Main Road (R55), Blue Hills,
from 10h00 - 13h00.
The invitation is available here.
The map to the venue is available here
IAIAsa Members: Free
Non - Members: R250
Please register, or deregister if you can no longer attend, at the following link http://gpintegratingccineia.myactive.co.za/capturedetails/registration.aspx by 17h00 on 10 May 2019 the latest.
No Show fee: R150